Friday, January 8, 2016

I am always amazed by the feedback my little MMA program gives me and how much I learn from it. Here's a cool little example: The other day I created a short MMA file for the Nat King Cole (and many others ... including Lady Gaga) song "Orange Colored Sky". I used the ModernJazz groove. Pretty simple stuff ... but then I figured it'd be cool to have some brass hits on the "Flash Bang" stuff. So, I programmed in a BrassSection voice for this with the default articulate of 90. Sounds fine, until I played my horn with it. I kept hearing this echo of the brass after my notes. So, I ended up shorting the notes using "articulate 70" and this pretty much duplicated my played notes. Interesting just how much I was cutting the notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I've been pretty neglectful in keeping this blog up-to-date. Lots of excuses ... but, I'll try to do a bit better! There is a new b...